Tuesday, September 16, 2008

A Boy.....PRICELESS!!



I realize as I look back upon my blog that I don't talk about my Toph very often. He's simply not as entertaining as Hannah--in the sense that he does not provide us with FUNNY stories to tell.

Toph has always been a pretty easy kid. He slept through the night at 2 weeks--I'm NOT lying! (He'd give me 5-6 hours at that age.) He's been fairly calm and centered. He LOVES to cuddle. He LOVES me, and Robert, and Hannah (most of the time). And, of course, he LOVES video games!



When I think of Toph, the adjectives that come to mind are compassionate, caring, loving, sweet, innocent, curious, funny, and squeezable.



True, we are not without our moments! I couldn't have said all of that as easily between his 2-4-year-old years. He gave me more throw down tantrums than I could count--and I wondered if I'd live through it. Sometimes I wondered if HE'D live through it. But he came through on the other side even better than before!



I can't say enough about my boy. He's a great addition to our family. We had to fight and pray and work hard to get him--that process was grueling--and worth every second!

So, when I don't blog interesting tidbits about Toph, it's not for lack of love--JUST lack of good material! Toph is fairly quiet. He loves nothing better than to play Warhawk on the PS3 or Super Mario Smash Party 8 (or something) on the Wii or play on the computer on Webkinz--and try to get his friends to meet him. He loves to snuggle and KISS me! He's the calm in our storm--usually. I cannot say enough good about my favorite boy--I just LOVE LOVE LOVE him, and I can't imagine life without him. Toph, you're AMAZING! Even if you don't provide as many funny stories as your sister....

5 comments:

diane said...

Shhhhh, don't tell anyone but my quiet second child is my favorite. He's so easy to love. With 2 demanding sibs I had to remind myself to pay attention to him...the sweet middle child. I miss him can you tell.

p.s. I tell all my kids they are my favorite and it's a secret.

Robert Givens said...

What a handsome young man! I wish I could say he takes after me in that department but I wouldn't want to curse him so. We love you Toph and the rest of the family too. Grandma and Grandpa.

Alicia said...

Hi Toph! He really is a sweet little guy, Maree. Dave really liked having him in class (but he will also admit that Hannah was more entertaining and random! haha)

lisa said...

i love that you call him "squeezable"!!

Harper Family said...

Topher is really adorable and very kind. Ali enjoyed seeing the pictures of him when he was a baby.