Monday, September 15, 2008

Mini Monk


It's no secret that I enjoy the TV show Monk. I'm LOVING it, and I'm HATING that USA is one of the channels we don't get with our downsized Dish. I'm LOVING that I can watch it from the net--not as good quality, but I can watch almost every episode. Cool.

It's also no secret that Hannah has recently started school. Did you know that they teach the even/odd number concept IN KINDERGARTEN?! There's a bunch of stuff they teach in Kindergarten that they used to teach in 1st or 2nd grade--basically today's Kindergarten is the "stone age's" 1st grade. Except I don't remember learning about even/odd numbers that early, but it's been a long time.....

Hannah is OBSESSED with even numbers: when she puts out her hopscotch squares, she won't put out the #9, because then she'd have an odd number. When she gives "hot 5's" every night before bed ("HIGH 5's for everyone else), she MUST give an even number. When she takes crackers, pieces of candy, or cookies, she'd prefer an even number--of course, that's also a ploy to get MORE (I'm OLD, but not DUMB!). She's just obsessed! Thank goodness she has an even number of arms and legs--when will she realize that she has an ODD number of fingers on each hand? When that happens, I'll just point out that if you add up all the fingers on both hands, it's an even number.....

I love my Mini-Monk!

1 comment:

Alicia said...

Good to know that I can find Monk on the internet! Where do you go? I love Monk and unfortunatly have too many similarities...