Friday, September 5, 2008

TODAY was not the day I ordered either!

(Trying NOT to sound like a total spoiled BRAT) "When can I have a day that I want?"

It started at 2 am this time. Toph came in and gently woke me up (and scared the crap out of me in the process, as I thought some bug was crawling on my arm). He was itchy. He had boogers. His ipod wouldn't stay on. And something else was in there too. I tried to sic Daddy on those problems, but Daddy doesn't wake up as well.

We blew boogers. We got nose spray and saline. We took more Benedryl for the itching. We played with the ipod and tried several things to fix it (to no avail). And Mom decided that Toph was missing his first day of school today. The rash that itches has been there off and on for more than a week. NOTHING I try gets it to go away and stay that way--medications, OTC, lotion, baths, NOTHING! Benedryl makes Toph tired enough to eventually fall asleep, but that's about it. And the nightly waking is killing ME! He's been having nasal allergies lately that haven't responded to our OTC stuff, so it was time to ask for better stuff anyway. Oh, the sore throat. He mentioned that about 3 am.

Because I normally work in the kids' rooms on Friday, Hannah decided to have a total FREAK OUT because I wasn't able to go to school with her. "But I won't be able to see you at Friday Flag! I won't be able to spend time with you at school. " This complete with weeping and wailing and tears and everything. I took some time to cuddle her and took her to school late. She's never cried about school before.

Toph and I hung out at the Doctor's office today. Diagnosis: He has STREP! So if your kids played with him last night at Back to School (sorry, Jen!), beware! You've been exposed! He has no fever. He can still swallow. So I was unprepared for the strep diagnosis! I'm glad we went to the doctor. Now Toph will get better. We have a better antihistimine now too, so Toph won't look like a kid on drugs (RED eyes) and maybe he'll even itch less. I'm dreading next week though, because when 1 person in a family gets strep, there are bound to be others........

On a good note though, the refrigerator didn't lose any more water! And parts of the kitchen floor are positively CLEAN! If only I could spill water all over the sink of dishes and pronounce them clean as easily.....

2 comments:

Doreene said...

I hope Toph is feeling better by now. And, is your refrigerator up and running again? Sooner is MUCH better than later!

Jen said...

I am sorry to hear that Toph got strep. Seriously, how long is the incubation period on it? I swear it has been going around and around for months now. Hopefully no one in my household gets it, but if anyone starts complaining about not feeling well, at least I will know what it is. Since, I am so late in my blog stalking I am going to assume Toph is now feeling better :D But, it does explain why I didn't see you at church on Sunday.