Friday, September 5, 2008

Wicked Workout!

This week has been......interesting.

I need to backtrack to Tuesday for this post. I'm enjoying my new "freedom" while the kids are in school. I can do WHATEVER I choose! It's almost too much!

I love working in their classrooms, and those times are absolutely my happiest times during the week. I also love being able to work around my home, undisturbed.

I didn't intend to work in the garage THIS week. But I got sidetracked when I went to put some laundry in the washer and ended up working in the garage for 2 1/2 hours. It was AMAZING! And it was HOT! I was sweating like a pig--probably worse than a pig. I kept getting a big drink every time I'd bring something inside to put away. I finally stopped when I realized that not only was I sweating, I was also shaking and I had a ROARING headache. It was lunch time anyway. So I went upstairs to take my second shower of the day (Mother Nature still hasn't answered that letter I sent), and I decided to weigh again. I weighed before the first shower, so I had a reference point. I'd lost FOUR pounds! That's a LOT of sweat! And I was drinking water the whole time I was working in the garage.

I took the rest of the day off! I had a long, COLD shower. Then I lay on my bed under the ceiling fan until I'd cooled off. Then I drank some more water. I think I need to learn how to pace myself better. I'm thinking I had a mild case of heat exhaustion, and I'm not anxious to do that again. But what a wicked workout! FOUR pounds in 2 1/2 hours! And I was lifting stuff too, so I was working a few muscles. I think I'll prop the door open next time though.

3 comments:

diane said...

Take it easy girl. You could open your own fitness center. People would love those results.

Alicia said...

Wow! Now all I need is a garage! :)

Tina said...

It HAS been hot. What were you thinking? :o) At least you can feel good about accomplishing something. But I can imagine...my garage gets really hot!