Thursday, September 18, 2008

More Recipes!

When I'm not reading books, I might be reading recipes. I DO love to cook, although I haven't done much with my culinary skills as of late. I love to read recipes though. I've got a TON of cookbooks, and I subscribe to Saving Dinner. I also keep track of tipnut.com and today there were crock pot recipes on Tip Nut. YIPPEE!!

Now we just need weather conducive to crock pot recipes. I've been in a real cooking rut lately, so this was just what I needed!

Happy cooking!

3 comments:

lisa said...

i love doing crockpot recipies when it is over 100F. I put it to cook in my garage, and my house stays cool! i also put the rice maker out there.

Harper Family said...

Thanks for the link!! I love recipes too. I'm going to try some of those crock-pot recipes.

grandpa halfdime said...

excellent pulled port
this will work with anywhere from a 2 to 6 pounds pork shoulder or butt.
get a dry rub from any good Cajun or Smoker cookbook, or make your own.
Amply cover the pork butt.
Set the crock pot on low.
Put the butt in and let it cook overnight or all day while you are at work. Pork is perfect when you can pull it apart with forks.
If you have a bar-b-que sauce your whole bunch loves, you can add it during the last couple hours of cooking.
Makes great sandwich (many like good coleslaw on it) and platter fare.