Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Weird Virus

Ok, so my internet medical degree (from WebMd--it's a JOKE!) did not prepare me for the weird virus we seem to have caught. I understand that the first 2 years of school your kid will bring home every germ known to man and get sick more often. We experienced the truth of that with Toph starting school. We lived through is first 2 years, and now we're getting to do it with Hannah.

What I've not experienced before is the apparent virus we've all been suffering from. It has seemingly random symptoms: FATIGUE, headache (migraine?), stomach issues--usually involving the lower part of the digestive process and/or nausea, "junky" cough/asthma. All of us have had it--at least 2 of the symptoms. I didn't really catch onto this until the weekend. Because we seem to get sick in time for the weekend--it's really NOT a plot to skip Church. I guess the good thing is that the kids don't have to miss school and we are all able to just REST and try to get better. But I'm really ready to have another weekend of PLAY time! We did manage to sneak in some play time last weekend--but I hadn't figured out the virus thing yet.

By Saturday afternoon, I finally clued in that this was more than an isolated "thing." Hannah had had a "junky" cough, stomach complaints, and a headache for 2 days. Since she is prone to complaining about ALL physical ailments, real or imagined, I didn't give her much sympathy. Toph had the cough and stomach problems and he seemed less energetic than usual AND he's had bad asthma. I have suffered from fatigue and headache, but I don't sleep, so those aren't too unusual--but the fatigue was more than normal. I also have had breathing problems. Robert got struck with the fatigue--he slept most of Sunday, after sleeping Saturday night, AND he slept all of Sunday night. He also had stomach issues and had a raging headache (which sounded like a migraine).

The thing is, we haven't felt "sick," so it took some time to catch onto the fact that this is "something" we've caught. Now I'm ready to have a break and get back to normal. Anyone for some NON-ill weekend time?

No comments: